Five for Friday

I can't believe it's already October!  Here are five random pictures from my week:
I've been digging through my school tubs in the garage and came across Leaf Man.  This was the perfect inspiration for a little fall fun.  We started with a nature walk where she collected leaves and branches from the ground.  Next, she chose some of her favorite leaves and she did some crayon rubbings.  Finally, she got to create her own leaf creature.  She was so proud of her work and only checked on it 27,346 times to see if the glue was dry yet.  

My daughter declared back in August that she wanted to dress up as a monster for Halloween this year.  We both imagined cute, friendly monsters like in the movie, Monsters, Inc.  Wouldn't you?  Apparently, Monsters, Inc. was SO last season (or maybe five years ago, not sure).

Being the good sister she is (and with a friendly little nudge), she decided her brother could dress up as Mickey and she could be Minnie.  Their costumes have arrived and she is thrilled.  My son is not happy that I put the costumes just out of reach...can you see those little hands?  I'm hoping I can get him in the costume AND get him to do the Hot Dog dance.  Too much to ask for?  We'll see :)

I started reading Don't Say a Word by Barbara Freethy after it popped up as a recommended read in an e-mail from either Amazon's daily deals or Book Bub.  There's a movie with the same title, but they are two different stories.  I got goosebumps after reading the prologue and it was definitely a page-turner.  If you have the chance, you should check it out (pun intended)!

I managed to get a couple of completed projects uploaded to TpT.  I already shared on my FB page about my addition and subtraction mazes.  Here's the other product I finished:
This pack is filled with postcards for every month of the year plus a blank template.  These are great for a writing center or pen pals!



I also managed to post a freebie that goes with Flat Stanley and the Haunted House:

Flat Stanley and the Haunted House (FREEBIE)

I hope you have a great weekend!


2 comments:

Bex Mawn said...

Those Mickey and Minnie costumes look SO cute! I look forward to seeing them on!
Bex
Reading and Writing Redhead

ithappenedin3rd said...

Those costumes are adorable!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...