Monday Made-It (7.13.15)

I can't believe it's already Monday again.  The summer seems to be flying by so quickly.  Even more exciting is that I have a few more projects to share with you this week.


This is my third Erin Condren planner.  The first year I had a teacher planner and it was a lifesaver!  Last year I was home with my kiddos and I decided to splurge for the life planner.  This year I will be home again and decided the life planner was a bit much for my little life.  I opted to get the calendar notebook.  If you're not familiar, it's made up of two of my favorite features: monthly calendars and to-do lists.  My personality enjoys lists because I get THE MOST satisfaction out of crossing things off when they are finished.  

I love the color scheme of the planners and the ability to fill the pages with a lot of writing.  However, sometimes a list would get lost in the sea of nearly-identical pages.  I had to think of a way to fix this.  I measured the page of my planner and decided a 6.5x1 rectangle would fit well.  Then I made a list of the type of lists I would make the most often (yes, I realize how silly this sounds).  I got to work fancying them up on the computer.  I printed them on full sheet Avery labels, cut, and stuck them to the top.  Here's what the project looked like:



Since I often make the same types of lists, I made several for each type of list and put the extras in the back.  It sure does make it easier to flip between pages to find what I'm looking for now!

If you follow me on Facebook, I gave a sneak peek into this next project.  My store has a ton of book packs to use.  I have a few series bundles, but wanted a way to provide a bit more choice for some of my buyers who buy multiple book packs at one time, not always from the same series.  So, Build a Book Bundle was born:


 I hope you'll find this option useful!  If you're interested, click on the pics below to check them out!
      




I managed to squeak out a little chunk of time for my son's scrapbook again.  I made this page almost identical to his sister's page.  I just love the color scheme (the blue is much more vibrant on the page than it shows in the picture) and remembering just how tiny those fingers and toes start out!  
 P.S. - I have not figured out the best way to take photos of scrapbook pages yet.  If you have any tips, I'd love to hear them!


Well, that's it for this week.  
Do you need inspiration for your next project?  
Head over to 4th Grade Frolics to see some creations!




7 comments:

Mandy B said...

Love your E.C. organization! I had one last year and struggled with the very same thing. The pages are all identical and I got lost in them! I printed and bound a planner I bought on TpT this year. So far, so good, but so much work. Next year I may go back to the E.C. planner. Thanks for sharing!

Mandy
Caffeine and Lesson Plans

ES said...

Great ideas! I don't have an Erin Condren planner but I may adapt your idea for you planner/ notebook.

My Bright Blue House

Lana said...

Love how you are organizing your EC planner!

Go Fourth with Us said...

I love your to-do organization for your planner! I decided to try out a Plum Paper planner this year instead of the EC, still debating which I prefer.

Kayla Root said...

I have never seen the calendar notebook but I love what you did with it. The headers are not only smart for organization but they are really cute too! And your scrapbook page looks so sweet. I love the close ups of all the cute little toes and fingers!! So precious!
Kayla
The Chalkboard Garden

ithappenedin3rd said...

Love your ideas for organizing your planner!

Creative Undertakings said...

Awww love those little toes!

Anisa @ Creative Undertakings

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...