Currently, Sept 2014


Listening  - I am well-known for changing the lyrics to songs.  Sometimes it's crazy different, and other times it's just to throw in my kids' names.  Don't worry, I won't subject any of you to my off-key singing voice.  One of the songs I've been singing around the house lately is "Three Little Birds" by Bob Marley.  Apparently I've been singing that one a lot because today I heard my little girl singing, "Ryan, don't worry....about a thing....cause every little thing...gonna be all right..." to her baby brother when he was cooing.  My heart melts to see her shower him with love and attention (most of the time).


Loving - Anyone with a newborn remembers the moment your child started sleeping through the night.  Am I right?  My little guy has been a good sleeper for many weeks now and I thank my lucky stars each and every night.  I also feel it necessary to mention that I am a night owl.  When he first started sleeping in 6 hour chunks, it was 8 p.m. - 2 a.m.  I had a hard time falling asleep until 11 p.m. or 12 a.m. no matter how exhausted I was.  I just couldn't shut down my brain at night.  So needless to say that even though he was getting good sleep, I was still functioning on anywhere from 2-4 hours of sleep at night.  Luckily, things have improved and I am falling asleep at a much more decent time (10 p.m.) and the little one is sleeping in until 4 or 5 a.m.  That means I'm getting at least 6 hours of sleep in a row which means I can finally function during the day with a toddler!



Thinking - I am taking a year off, but my friend and colleague E has agreed to be my guinea pig class this year.  She asked me to create a game for her classroom.  Somehow this has expanded into another mega math pack.  I spent most of the day yesterday getting it organized and ready.  Now I'm super motivated to get the content in and formatted the way I have it in mind.  I can't wait until it is finished!!


Wanting - After my first baby, I was back on the soccer field when she was 7 weeks old.  I was pathetic that first week, but I did it!  I had even loftier ambitions this time.  I was up and walking early on, but then I kept feeling pain in my stomach...I was overdoing it.  Yikes!  My little guy is about 11 weeks old and the soccer field is a distant goal still because my body is still not recovered fully.  I am trying to be patient, but I know that I will be happier once I can get moving again on a regular basis.


Needing - Organizing & purging old things brings me happiness...yep, I'm one of those people.  I have a few organization projects I want to tackle (closets, pantry, toy storage, etc).  Now, if I could just find the time...{sigh}


3 Trips - Australia and the Caribbean have been bucket list trips for years and years.  Farley's link asked for a third and that was hard. My hubby is a huge baseball fan and I know it would be a dream of his to visit many of the baseball stadiums on the east coast, so I will make that my third place.


Head on over & see what everyone else is up to this month.




2 comments:

Celeste DiDonato said...

Yes I do remember missing sleep when my little ones were babies. Then knowing you should be sleeping but can't fall asleep, yet I wouldn't change those days for anything. And I have a daughter who sings random lyrics too. Oh so cute. I enjoyed reading your post.

Sally said...

I remember when she slept 6 1/2 hours for the first time... I told anyone I saw: "6 1/2 hours!!!!" When you visit the east coast, be sure to stop by New Hampshire and say hello!

Sally from Elementary Matters

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...