Goals & Resolutions for the New Year

Now that I've spent some time reflecting on 2013, it's time to start looking ahead to 2014.  In the past, I've made some very lofty resolutions.   In fact, they were so ridiculous that I thought this was highly appropriate:
 

Please tell me I'm not the only one who has done this.

Luckily I've grown up (a little) since then.  Now I try to make my goals are measurable and that I can actually work towards achieving them without giving up by the 3rd week of January. 

I've been thinking about my goals for a few weeks now & luckily I found out that Jessica over at First Grade Nest is hosting a linky for everyone to share their goals - perfect timing!
http://www.firstgradenest.com/2013/12/making-goals-resolutions-or-2014.html


Most of my goals are building off of goals I have made in the past.  One of the biggest accomplishments I have made this year is being more efficient at school.  It came out of necessity when we had to change daycare providers and I learned that I would have to leave almost 30 min. earlier from school each day.  Luckily, my hubby has been able to do pick-up most days and I have still been able to get home earlier and start dinner.

  
I know my goals are within my reach.  I just need someone to check in with me on them every once in awhile to see how things are going. 


2 comments:

Rae said...

Great resolutions! I love your reading for pleasure one - seems too lofty for me, but I'd love to have a similar one for my 2014 resolutions :)

Rae
Mindful Rambles

Tamara Russell said...

I love your resolutions too! :) I have a Kindle Fire and I love to read for fun, but...admittely, I'm a 'binge reader'...I'll get into a book and stay up until like 2 in the morning to finish it! LOL So...I'd be pretty sleep deprived if I set my goal at 4 days a week! :) I bet you've got better restraint! LOL! :)I think it's awesome that you're giving some of your old stuff a face lift! I did the same thing! Boy...after a year of learning and growing...there was so much MORE I could do with a cover! :0) Can't wait to see the makeover reveals throughout the year! :) Thanks for sharing your resolutions! You've really got some great ideas!! :)
Regards,
Tamara
Tamara Russell

Mrs.Russell's Room
First Grade

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...