December Currently & I'm Back

It's a bit frightening to admit that I have let almost 3 months go by without typing a word on this little blog of mine.  I wish I could say that I went on a great trip or have taken time off to be with my little one.  Sadly, school and life have kept me super busy and I just haven't been able to move blogging to the top of my priority list.

The last time I blogged was the day before school started.  I met my little munchkins and I have to admit, they drain my energy each and every day.  I have 24 students and they are a very high energy, high needs group...ALL....DAY....LONG!  I think I spent the first two weeks of school crying in my classroom during recess breaks, or holding it all in and having a complete meltdown of tears at home.  I have never had a class that didn't respond to my entire bag of tricks before and I must say, classroom management is one of my strengths.

After 3 long, tiring months of routines and high expectations, there are moments that I think they are finally responding and coming along.  Tis' the season for change and I'm going to try to be a better blogger for the next few months.  Bear with me as I dive back in.  I have little moments to celebrate and those keep me coming back each day.  I'll try to share some of those celebrations along the way, but for now let's focus on what you came here to read....The December Currently.



http://ohboy3rdgrade.blogspot.ca/2013/12/currently-december.html

Listening
I couldn't believe it when it was only mid-November and Christmas was creeping into my little world.  First, it was the series of Christmas movies and previews on TV.  Then it was a Christmas song playing on the radio on the drive home.  Is it just me, or does the song "Christmas Shoes" get everyone else, too?  Now, that the calendar page has turned, I'm excited to choose my Christmas playlist.  It's funny how just a few days can make a huge difference.


Loving
I bought a new advent calendar last year.  It is a wooden house.  Inside is a series of doors that open, one for each day.  Last year my daughter was 1 1/2, so old enough to grasp the concept, but young enough that we could only put one treat inside each day or we feared she would gorge on the treats!  Yesterday we decorated the house.  When that calendar was pulled out, she immediately searched inside each and every door looking for a treat.  She then continued to "double check" every hour from then on.  It's a fun age to see that memories are beginning to stick.


Thinking
My husband is a hard guy to surprise.  We're the kind of people that buy things as we need them instead of stocking up our Christmas lists.  Last year I came up with an entire year worth of gifts (one a month all through 2013).  He really liked it.  This year I'm stumped on how to top it.


Wanting
Who doesn't want more time with their family.  We spent Thanksgiving with my in-laws.  It's always nice to see family and watch the kids play together.  I also enjoyed listening to my nephew read.  He's a first grader and is already reading the Magic Tree House books - one of my favorite series!


Needing
Like I said, my heart is full.  I spent time with my in-laws for Thanksgiving and will see my side of the family for Christmas.  It doesn't get much better than that :)


Favorite Tradition
I like our home, but I really love it during the month of December.  Our family room is the main area we decorate.  It also happens to be the room I spend the most time in.  It fills my heart with joy & keeps me in the Christmas spirit every time I see our decorations.

When I was little I had an ornament that I named Boppy.  My family loves to tell the story about how that is the one and only ornament I would take off the tree day after day, year after year when I was a little girl.  Last year I hung Boppy near the bottom of the tree.  My daughter went straight for it and kept pulling it off the tree.  It made my heart melt :)


Well, that's plenty to get me back in the swing of things.  Enjoy your holiday season!  Head on over to Farley's blog to see what everyone else is up to.

1 comment:

Lana said...

Hi! Coming over from Farley's Currently series!

The song "Christmas Shoes" also gets me every time!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...