Updates & Improvements

 I love making math games and materials for my kids to play.  I always start with what they need an I usually come up with an idea that fits.  I recently decided that it was time to take a break from creating new things and go back to improve some of my earlier creations.


One of my earliest creations on TpT was a file called Tasty Tally Marks.  I have had a lot of people purchase it and felt it was time to give it a facelift.  I have learned so much since I first created it and when I look back on it, I just want to make it better.


Before: Notice the sadly distorted shapes of the cupcakes and the teeny-tiny tally marks.  I should also point out that my first attempt to create tally marks created a big problem with alignment.  Oops!  It was an 8-page file (cover page, 6 pages of materials, and a credits page).

After: a little PowerPoint magic goes a long way.  Not only did I make the cards larger, but I tried to get the tally marks to be more aligned.  I also decided to add four worksheets (with answer keys) to the file for additional practice.  Here are some pics:






I also updated my Flipping for Facts file.  Originally I had created an addition version that only included a matching game of addition facts.  Since then I have added two fact practice worksheets (with answer keys) and a math fact sort.  I also created a second file that has all of the same pieces but focuses on subtraction facts.




 I have also made some additions and improvements to the following products:







Remember - if you have already purchased any of these products you will get the updated files for free.  Just go back to your purchases and download again to get the updated file.  Thanks & enjoy!


I'm linking up with Mel @ From the Pond for this one! 

3 comments:

Brandee Green said...

I've been your follower for a while, but I just wanted to tell you how much I love your blog title!! Awesome. :)
~Brandee
Creating Lifelong Learners

Angela Nerby said...

These look so cute!!

Julie Goode said...

I love the themes of your activities!
-Julie
The Techie Teacher

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...