June Currently

I thoroughly enjoyed changing the calendar to June before I left school on Friday.  There was something a little satisfying about only putting up 14 numbers (June 14th is our last day).  I love teaching, but there's something about the month of May that just drags on endlessly.  To start the month off right I'm linking up with Farley:


May has not been filled with sunshine.  This is very unfortunate because we are studying air and weather and it's difficult to take your class outside for weather experiments when the weather is not cooperating!  We had a rainy week so it was wonderful to get to go outside this evening with my daughter and just play outside for a couple of hours.


I started creating my summer wish list for reading.  Here is what's near the top:








I am so ready for summer break.  I'm not even traveling anywhere exciting this summer, but I still consider it a vacation!  My essentials for a great summer vacation are flip flops, sleep, and memories.  I hate shoes and socks, but love flip flops during summer weather! 

The next thing I love most about vacations is the fact I can sleep in.  I used to be the girl who could sleep in until noon on the weekends.  This amazing thing happened - I had a baby and now I'm lucky if I can sleep in past 8:00 (usually 7:30).  I don't care - I'll take it! 

Finally, the thing I'm most looking forward to this summer is making memories with my daughter.  She recently turned two and is at a fun age where she will really enjoy the zoo, aquarium, nature hikes, playground, etc.  I can't wait to see her face light up with all of our little adventures! 


Don't forget to head on over to Farley's blog to see what everyone is currently up to!

10 comments:

Mrs. Bartel's School Family (Alyce) said...

Summer reading lists are the best, and you have some great titles on yours! I hope you enjoy every day of your vacation when it gets here!
Alyce

Mrs. Bartel’s School Family

Brandi said...

Making memories is the best part of summer to me. My daughter is 4 and I love being able to spend time with her doing the planned and unplanned thing! I get out of school on the 14th as well. Here's to 2 more weeks!

Brandi
Success in Second Grade

kimcollatos said...

I completely understand about leaving school situations at school. Sometimes it is hard to separate the two. I see a couple of books on your list that I am going to have to add to mine. :)

Tonya said...

I sooooo agree with you that May just drags! Especially with state testing! YUCK! So glad it is over!

Tonya
Tonya’s Treats for Teachers

Crayons and Whimsy said...

I may have to take some of your summer reading ideas too, thanks! I'm with you... May can drag on and I am happy it is June!

Have fun with your daughter this summer!!

Christy
Crayons and Whimsy

The Queen Bee said...

Hi Storie,
I m in your shoes too...so need a Vacation!

I have 5 days left (3 with 2 w/o kids)

Glad I stopped in, haven't done that in a while!
~Natalie

Elizabeth Supan said...

Oh I'm all about a pair of flip flops, too! Enjoy your last two weeks :)
Elizabeth
Fun in Room 4B

Molly said...

You are going to LOVE Gone Girl! I could not put it down! The Jodi Picoult book is also great! Another favorite "summer" author of mine is Elin Hildebrand. She writes fiction that makes you want to visit Nantucket! 9 days for me too!

Molly
Lucky to Be in First

Sara said...

Gone Girl is AMAZING! Definitely really riveting and very surprising. I saw the movie Safe Haven so now, of course, I want to read the book! I hope this week goes well and stressful situations leave you alone!

Sara
Miss V's Busy Bees
ventrellasara@gmail.com

Lauren said...

I love sleeping in, too! I've surprised myself at how quickly I've been able to adapt back to my sleep-till-10 self. Enjoy your upcoming summer!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...