What's the Weather?

I am headed back to school tomorrow.  It has been an interesting Spring Break, to say the least.  After coming down with strep a couple of weeks ago, I had some side effects from the medicine and spent most of my spring break on the couch.  Luckily I am feeling better and my procrastination skills came in handy.  I managed to get almost all of my school projects done in three days! 
When we return, we are starting one of my favorite science units of all time: Air & Weather.  Our district uses the FOSS kits and I was fortunate to actually get training on this kit several years ago.  Since then, I have added a few more projects and activities to the mix and can't wait to teach this unit to my students!
Since I last tested my student reading levels, it was time to jumble the groups again.  For some reason, the kids really hate when their groups change.  I remind them that everyone grows at different rates and that's the reason for change, but they want the groups to remain the same all year.  Go figure!  Anyhow, with the excitement of our Air & Weather study, I am trying to incorporate as many weather books as I can into my reading groups.  I had only one novel I have used with this study in the past:
So, what's a girl to do?  Hmm...I created two more packs using books from the Magic School Bus Chapter Book series:



If you are in need of some great chapter books that tie into your study on Air & Weather, I would recommend these books.  My packs include comprehension questions for each chapter of the book and the answers.  Twister on Tuesday includes some vocabulary work and a word search.  Twister Trouble contains two worksheets about tornadoes (both have an answer key).  Electric Storm contains two matching worksheets: one on clouds and the other on lightning types. 

Just click on the images above and grab a copy of my files from my TpT store.  I will also be pinning my little heart out when I find other projects and ideas.  If you want to see what I'm pinning for this study, click here.  Now, if only I could get this Pacific NW weather to cooperate so my kiddos can conduct some weather experiments outside!


1 comment:

Tracey Schimke said...

I'm so sorry to hear you were under the "weather". My son came down with Strep on Good Friday and I came down with an ear infection on Wed. At least we were on Spring Break so we had lots of cuddle time on the couch! Hope you are feeling better soon. Love your new stuff! :)
Tracey
Third Grade All Stars

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...