Currently, April

I know it's April 1st, but this is no joke - it's time for another round of Currently with Farley:


Every night my daughter climbs into her bed happily.  I sing a song to her while she pretends to get sleepy-eyed.  When I finish the song, she always says, "bye-bye" and rolls over.  When I get back upstairs and can listen to her through a monitor, she is in full conversation mode with her friends.  It's kind of comforting to listen to her talk herself to sleep.  One of her friends happens to be this familiar face:


Since it is Easter, we have a lot of temptation lying around the house in the form of candy.  I also tried out a new recipe yesterday (source: Roxana's Home Baking):
peanut butter cookie bars with Reese’s peanut butter eggs
peanut butter - check
chocolate - check
taste - mmm, mmm, good!


My advice is nothing new, but the good ol', "if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all."  Though as I am writing it again, I think fondly of Steel Magnolias where the phrase was, "if you don't have something nice to say, come sit next to me."  Lately this advice has come in handy more times than I can count.

Now, head on over to Farley's site to see what everyone else is currently up to :)

4 comments:

The Craft of Teaching said...

Enjoy your Spring Break and I think you have some great advice there!

Nichole
Craft of Teaching

forkin4th said...

I would love to try baking those peanut butter bars myself - I have a definite sweet tooth, and these look DELISH!
:)
Antonia @ forkin4th

Miss Trayers said...

Awww, that's such a sweet story about your daughter. Those peanut butter bars look just scrumptious! Glad to have discovered your blog through Currently!

NotJustChild'sPlay

Tania said...

Your advice makes me smile. I totally agree!
Tania
My Second Sense

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...