Back to School Craftivity & Writing Projects

What are your plans for Open House or Back to School Night?  School hasn't even started for me, but we all know those first days of school are spent getting to know our students.  Here are a couple of projects my kiddos will be working on during the first days of school:



I saw this post on A Cupcake for the Teacher's Blog. It was all about a writing/craftivity project. Students make an All About Me book and then create a child holding the book. Read about the post here.





Here is a picture of what the final product could look like:

Here is the TpT description:
Grab this adorable All About Me craft to celebrate each of your students! Your little ones will create a cute boy or girl, and fill out one of two All About Me booklets! You decide which you want to use!

You can complete this craftivity the first week of school to get to know your class, display it during Open House for all to see, add it to an "I am Special" unit, or assign it to students when they are Star of the Week! The possibilities are endless! :)

Here's what's inside:
*girl and boy craft- pics, patterns, and directions
*All About Me booklet with some space for kiddos to draw
*All About Me booklet with no space to draw
{Note: There are slight variations between the two options.}



I am so excited to make these with my kiddos!



 
 
MsT3Another great idea came from Tanja over at Journey of a Substitute Teacher.  Recently she shared on her blog that she had come up with a new writing & craftivity project.  You can read about it here.
 
 
 
Well, I was lucky enough to get a copy of this file.  Here is the cover page:
 The TpT description says:
This pack is perfect for Back to School or open house. Fun for any bulletin board!

Students color in their t-shirt and write their name in the name tag. Optional heads can be attached to the shirt.

Includes:
*Three different name tag shirts
*Two different heads
*Five writing templates
*Suggested use page with pictures

Cute, right?  Head on over to Tanja's TpT store and pick up your own copy!  I am so thankful to have this file, too, because I would like to have something on my bulletin board and something on the desks inside the classroom. 

 
Finally, I promised I would announce the winner of my super secret giveaway today.  Thank you to all who sent me info. on your favorite math games for September.  I am excited to try some of these with my kiddos in a week or two.   I drew names and Lily is the winner.  I have already sent you an e-mail with the Math Mania file.  Enjoy!! 

2 comments:

Mrs. Cupcake said...

Yay! Thank you so much for the shout-out! I hope your kiddos love the project!
❤Teri
A Cupcake for the Teacher

Miss T said...

Thanks for the shout out!

Journey of a Substitute Teacher
and
Endless Pinabilities!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...