Amy over at Step Into Second Grade with Mrs. Lemons is hosting a linky party. The goal is to get to know your fellow bloggers. Let's hope you all learn something new about me along the way :)
1. I have lived in Washington all my life, with the exception of the college years. I went out of state to college at the University of Idaho where I met my husband (who is also not from Idaho).
2. I have actually known more than one person named Storie (though they usually spell it Story). My most recent encounter was when my daughter was born. The nurses kept telling me that there was a gal named Story who worked at the hospital. They even made arrangements for me to meet her.
3. We have two adorable Jack Russell Terriers. They can be very active dogs, but our dogs play hard and sleep harder :) This is a good thing because they are 2 years old and we have a 1 year old in the house, too!
4. I love watching Reality TV. My husband just loves to poke fun at me for it because he doesn't get it.
5. I have never had my ears pierced and I don't think I ever will. It was something I kind of wanted when I was younger, but now I don't really care. I have also never dyed my hair. I had super blond hair when I was younger, but now it has darkened up a bit. One of these days I will give it a try.
6. My favorite genre is something I like to call tragic fiction. However, it doesn't mean that characters have to die. My favorite author is Jodi Picoult. If you know her books, I think you'll understand my genre.
7. I love amusement park rides. I will go on any roller coaster or scary ride. I prefer to have a riding partner, but I have been known to go on rides by myself if no one else wants to try it. For my 30th birthday, my husband surprised me with a chance to go parasailing. It was fun, but not as much of a thrill as I was hoping for.
8. I play on a women's recreational soccer team. It is one of the only sports I never played when I was little. Years ago a friend talked me into joining her team. It sounded like a fun way to get some exercise and I have been playing ever since.
9. I hate spiders and bees with a passion. They scare the living daylights out of me. However, if there is one in the classroom, I am cool as a cucumber on the outside and make a big deal about how it's just a little, harmless spider. It doesn't make sense....I know!
10. If you're still with me, I'll give you a chance to win a FREEBIE. My husband has rooted for this team for most of his life. I am a converted fan now, too. Name the team that goes with this logo for a chance to win something from my TpT store. You must be a follower & leave an e-mail address (or some other way to contact you). You have until Thursday to enter!
Do you know Sara over at Miss V's Busy Bees? She is celebrating 200+ followers with a giveaway. Stop by to enter for a chance to win many great prizes!